Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Sweet Diet to Lose Weight



You're my pumpkin pumpkin, hello honey bunny
I'm your dumpling dumpling, hello honey bunny
Feeling something something, 
Hello honey bunny, honey bunny
Toko toko...

How I love this Idea, Sirji! And this gave me another idea... that of trying out a sweet diet to lose weight. 

Have read a lot about how honey helps in reducing weight. So let me give it a try and see. Since a couple of days, I have started having a glass of warm water with a spoonful of honey added to it. I have this concoction first thing in the morning. Even before my glass of milk. I have noted my weight at the beginning and I plan to check again at the end of January. That would be two weeks. Does honey really bring down the weight dramatically? Well, let's see. 

Here are a few sites that seem to provide some information about honey and weight loss: 

Can Honey Help You Lose Weight – Seriously?


Honey is a natural sweetener that contains fructose and glucose. These are simpler sugars compared to sucrose that is found in our daily use 'sugar'. It also contains antioxidants, vitamins and minerals that boost immunity. 

Medical research shows that honey provokes a longer suppression of appetite or desire to eat. It also alters appetite regulating peptides and has potential 'obesity protective' effects. 

It seems one does not need to make any other changes to the diet when consuming honey. The Internet is full of anecdotes from people who have lost weight by simply adding honey to their diets. They did not alter their diets or increase their exercises. 

My curiosity pokes at me again. Is it actually possible to lose weight by doing just that? With no other changes in the diet?? Wouldn't adding another sweetener to my diet without subtracting one lead to weight gain? Logic says, it should!

What sweetener should I subtract from my diet if I wanted to? We do not use any sugar in our diet...not with the milk...not with the cornflakes. No kheers and halwas too. The only sweetener I consume is a chocolate or two a week. 

Okay, let me simply add the honey for now... no other change in my daily routine. 

I love the taste of honey. I find myself consuming honey with warm water in the morning, with my bowl of cornflakes at breakfast, as a dessert after my dinner. 

Let's see if this helps. If honey did miracles for you, let me know. 




No comments:

Post a Comment